- The GY-BMP280 module comes with BMP280 sensor, which is an environmental sensor with temperature, barometric pressure that is the next generation upgrade to the BMP085/BMP180/BMP183.
- This sensor is great for all sorts of weather sensing and can even be used in both I2C and SPI.
- This precision sensor is the best low-cost, precision sensing solution for measuring barometric pressure with ±1 hPa absolute accuracy, and temperature with ±1.0°C accuracy. Because pressure changes with altitude and the pressure measurements are so good, you can also use it as an altimeter with ±1 meter accuracy
- Pin pitch: 2.54mm
- Module size: 11.5mm*15mm
Electrical Specifications of GY-BMP280 Module
- Model: GY-BMP280-3.3
- Chip: BMP280
- Power supply: 3V/3.3V DC
- Peak current: 1.12mA
- Air pressure range : 300-1100hPa (equi. to +9000…-500m above sea level)
- Temperature range: -40 … +85 °C
- Digital interfaces: I²C (up to 3.4 MHz) and SPI (3 and 4 wire, up to 10 MHz)
- Current consumption of sensor BMP280: 2.7µA @ 1 Hz sampling rate
Brief about GY-BMP280 Module
The GY-BMP280 Barometer Sensor is a breakout board for Bosch BMP280 high-precision and low-power digital barometer. It can be used to measure temperature and atmospheric pressure accurately. It can be connected to a microcontroller with I2C.